The Greatest Concern of Pet Owners:
Dog joint disorders are one of the greatest concerns of owners. When their dog suffers from dog joint disorders, the pet owners try their level best to help their dogs lead a normal life. They try out every last one of the available supplements in the market. But the question arises that how does a pet owner know whether his dog is suffering from joint problems? This article will inform you about how to know if your dog has some joint issue.
When to Take Your Dog to a Vet:
• Dogs suffering from dog joint diseases favor one of their legs. In some cases the limping is worse when the dog rises up in the morning and starts walking about.
• Dogs suffering from joint problems are reluctant to move about. For example they will prefer short walks and hesitate to jump out of a car. The reason behind this is that because of joint disorders, the dog feels pain and discomfort in the joints.
• The spinal cord is also badly damaged in joint disorders. The pain isn’t limited to any specific part of the spine but is distributed in various parts of the spine. Since the spinal cord controls the functions of all the other parts of the body, dogs may make abnormal postures such as bending of the neck after every sometime.
• Dogs suffering from joint disorders spend most of their time resting. The reason behind this is that the joints wear out quickly.
• Due to inactivity and decreased use of the affected joints, dogs may develop what is called muscle atrophy (dying of muscle tissues due to inactivity). A dog suffering from atrophied muscles will have a leg which looks thinner than its other legs.
• If your dog moves around continuously while defecating, it is an indicator that you might need to take your dog to a veterinarian. The reason behind this is that during toileting, there is more pressure faced by the joints than any other time.
• Another thing telling you that something is wrong with your dog is that if your dog consistently lifts one of his legs while peeing. This indicates that the dog is feeling soreness in the raised leg. However, this needs an observation of two to three times.
• Dogs suffering from joint problems may also show abnormal behaviors. They may bite when approached because they are suffering from constant pain. Moreover, due to the irritation, the dogs may chew or bite at the affected area causing hair loss or inflamed skin over the affected area.
Time Is Of The Essence:
This article has mentioned some of the major behavioral changes in dogs suffering from joint disorders. In conclusion, if your dog is showing any of the above mentioned abnormal behavior, don’t wait. Time is of the essence and your dog is suffering constantly. Take him to a veterinarian before it’s too late.Another thing that you can try is giving your dog a balanced joint supplement like Pear and Berry’s Hip and Joint Supplement, which a combination of natural ingredients like MSM and glucosamine.